Happy Friday! From what I can see on Instagram, it looks like winter has FINALLY ended for us all, and the beautiful weather has perked everyone right up. April showers, it seems, really do bring May flowers. I’m off to Boston today and will spend the weekend trying out cellos with a student, running the year-end concerts for my chamber music program, and then starting off the year’s annual auditions for the youth orchestra. My article on taking auditions seems to have resonated with lots of folks-musicians and non-musicians alike. As one friend who spent her entire career working in HR pointed out–this all applies perfectly to job interviews as well! If you missed it, you can read it here. For some other fun tidbits that have caught my eye this week, here are a few things I have rounded up for you.
2. May is Cello Month over at Johnson Strings! This is a great string shop located outside of Boston, but the sale applies to online orders as well! If you’re in need of cello -specific instruments, gear, music, etc. You won’t find better deals!
3. Every month, TheEveryGirl posts some free tech backgrounds. I love starting off a new month with a new desktop photo or screen saver.
4. I used to have to wait until I went to France to pick this stuff up. Now you can get it without a plane ticket (though, I’m still happy to go to Paris if I absolutely MUST! 😉
5. This beautiful weather has me thinking about sandals. Specifically, these sandals.
6. This phone case is gorgeous! The birds remind me of my friend Colleen.
7. This article on living abroad really resonated with me. I do love that I get to return to the states so regularly (hello, Amazon! hello, whole foods! hello, strawberries that don’t cost $16 a pint!) but living elsewhere definitely has it’s perks.
8. OMG, these earrings are the greatest! I wish they had been around when I first got my ears pierced, and I still want them now, and I want to give them to every young girl I know!
9. Apparently, this is the greatest stuff on the planet and cures everything from stomach problems to stubby eyelashes. Who knew? My formerly long luxurious lashes have turned stubby, so I’ll be picking some of this stuff up asap.
10. Hahaha! McSweeney’s nails the Myers-Briggs test.
Have a great weekend!